- Former Leader of Opposition, Gujarat Legislative Assembly
- Date of Birth: April 04,1960
- Sex: Male
- BSc,Bhavnagar University,1981, Chemistry and Physics as major subjects.
- LLB,Bhavnagar University, 1984, Taxation and Labour as major subjects.
- One year Diploma in Journalism from Bhavnagar University, 1985,First Class.
- LLM, Saurashtra University,1991, with specialisation in Taxation and Labour.
- One year diploma in computers from Aptech,1996.
- Leader of Opposition, Gujarat Legislative Assembly,2007-12
- Minister of State in two consecutive governments from 1991-March 1995 and held various portfolios like Finance, Education, Health, Environment, Narmada, General Administration Department, Technical Education and Education Policy. Was the youngest minister in Gujarat and had the highest number of portfolios.
- Chief Whip of the Congress Legislative Party(CLP),1995-98.
- Chief Spoke Person Gujarat state Congress 2002-2007
- Represented Bhavnagar South Constituency as MLA from 1990 to 1998 & 2007 to 2012. Got the highest number of votes amongst Congress candidates in Saurashtra region in ’95 elections.
- All India Congress Committee (AICC)member since 1990.
- General Secretary of Gujarat State Youth Congress(1989).
- President District Youth Congress(1986).
- Vice President Bhavnagar District Panchayat
- Co-ordinator of Development Centre, Indian Youth Congress, Bhopal(1986).
- Vice President Gujarat State Youth Board (1987-1990).
- President of Land Development Bank,Umrala(1986-1993).
- Member State Youth Board (1981-1990).
- President Bhavnagar Study Circle(1984).
- Attended refresher course for ministers and bureaucrats at Administrative Staff College, Hyderabad,1994.
- President, Bharucha Cricket Club, the oldest cricket club of the district since 1992.
- Became the youngest Minister in Gujarat cabinet during the Congress Govt.at the age of 32.
- Youngest Chief Whip so far of the Congress in Gujarat.
- Selected as Indian Delegate for the youth invitation programmer organized by the Govt of Japan and Govt of India in Japan,1989.
- Selected as Indian delegate representing Gujarat for the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association conference in Malaysia in 1996 where representatives of over 160 different countries participated.
- Invited by Kenbis Sports Club,Kenya
- South Africa
Eldest son of royal family of the erstwhile Limda State of Saurashtra region in Gujarat. Grandfather late Shri Ranjitsinhji was a freedom fighter, an active Congress worker and M.L.A. (1967).
Mr. Shaktisinhji Gohil
202, Rajvi Tower, RajvanshBuilding,
Satya Marg, Bodakdev,
Ahmedabad – 380 054.
Panch Kalyan Building, Opp. Dada Saheb Jain Derasar,
Kalanala, Bhavnagar - 364 001.
Phone No : (0278) 2430141
Mobile: 098 240 00852
email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
4, Rubber Society, Limda House, Subhashnagar, Bhavnagar – 364002
Phone No. : ( 0278 ) 242 9136, +91 98240 00852